May Plus Challenge Week 2 - Day 8 Upper Body Complete! 😁 (Check-In)

Heya Fitness Blenders Peeps!

Anither workout complete to add to my calender. This one was a real challenge. I did the first option with Kelli and I've done it before when my joints weren't hurting and it was brutal then and it's still brutal now. I did this one seated as well and it was still painful and I got a good sweat going. I really enjoyed the compound movements in this one because there was a lot more movement and made it feel kind of like cardio. There was a lot of balance work in this one too. Now who says you can't do balance work seated? In certain exercises in this routine like the Overhead Dumbbell Pass I still lifted one leg off the ground each time and still felt it in my core. It also made the exercise harder. Anyone who feels you can't go hard in a chair I just proved you wrong. Ha! 😁

Now Kelli asked a very interesting question in this workout too. "Which upper body exercise makes you feel strong?" That also made me think, "Well that's a good question. Now what's my favorite upper body exercise period?" It's hard to say considering they're all helpful and challenging in their own ways. I know there a lot of upper body exercises a lot of people dislike. Hmm....an upper body exercise that makes me feel strong well two of them are Bicep Curls and Overhead Presses. Those are the ones that I really enjoy doing and make me feel strong. An exercise I have a love/hate relationship with is Commando Planks, Plank to Pushup, Plank Up Downs...there are so many names for this exercise it's not even funny. Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about. The exercise where you start in a high plank, on your hands and feet or hands and knees, then go down one at a time to an elbow plank then back up to a full plank. The reason why I love it is because it's extremely challenging for me personally. It really tests my strength and it's overall fun to do. The reason why I "hate" it well I don't hate the exercise. I just do not like how not my core but my shoulders give out a bit too quick for my taste. I'm working on it.

Sorry I got off topic there but I am curious. What's you guys' favorite upper body exercise? What's one you hate/dislike? Do you have a love/hate with one? What day are you guys on the May Challenge? Which workout did you do for those on day 8 as well?

Either way I hope you enjoy or enjoyed your day. See you all for day 9 tomorrow GOD willing! 😊