Here We Go Again!

2 years ago I started working out and taking nutrition seriously. I followed my FB regimen (FB30 Round 3, before that I did the 5 day challenge for busy people multiple times) and meal prepped. 5 months later I lost 15 lbs. I felt great and was proud of myself, even if that wasn’t exactly where I wanted to be, I was doing it! But, life dealt me a lot of crappy hands. I lost my grandparents in a span of a year. I had 4 car accidents (none of them my fault) which totaled 3 out of 4 cars. I was going through the stress of my previous job being bought out by a competitor and losing the best boss I ever had and getting the worse in the world. Through all this, I didn’t stay strong. I got depressed and stressed where I quit it all. I started eating like I used to, and quit the work outs other than walks with my daughter and dog.

So, 2 years later I was shocked to see I went from 178-180lbs to 205-206 lbs. I was devastated. My doctor even advised for me to try and get healthy as I was fighting the worse depression in my life between October ‘19- January ‘20. She advised I work out and eat better because it helps fight the depression, but also stress.

And it does. I just finished FB30 Round 3 for the first time since 2 years ago. I did it even on days I didn’t want to. And I feel great. I can physically see a difference. I have also jumped down about 5 lbs. I decided I’m going to track not only my progress with weight, but the goals (mental, physical, and more) that I have reached. Before, journaling helped a lot.

These are my priorities:

Making sure mental health is top priority. I never want to feel that low again.

Making sure my daughter and I are out and away from technology more often. Get away from it all even for 20 mins- an hour.

Be the healthiest me I can be. I want to live a life of happiness and health. Not -a short one of conditions caused by my lack of care. My grandma died of heart failure and my uncle had an open heart surgery triple bypass at 43. My dads family has a long line of Diabetes. Both my parents also have long lines of mental illness (depression mainly), and nerve damage, other issues with the body. I want to try to avoid these things as much as possible.

I’m excited to see where this takes me. I hope all your goals are met no matter what they are! :) Thanks for letting me vent lol