Daily Check-in: Friday, May 22nd

Hey everyone and happy Friday to you! Got any plans for the upcoming holiday weekend? That is, if there is a holiday near you..and even better if you scored some days off!

Let's go ahead and call this a Flower Friday here, kicking things off with a Lyre-leaf Sage. Being part of the mint family, it looks similar to some other flowers I've shared here, but there are some differences. These flowers being more lavender in color and the leaves and stems have some dark purple in there for a couple things. Also the leaves are lyre-ish shaped hence the name. Small key differences help tell plants apart and keep all the who is who straight. Can't say it's always straightforward. Some plants are real puzzles.

Anyway, enough about plant puzzles. Let's get into the workouts or rest we've got going around here. Do tell all about the lifting, HIITing, stretching, kickboxing, and all the insert whatever "ing" that applies to your workout today. On the schedule for me is lower body strength and pilates. Sounds pretty good. In fact this entire low impact week has been pretty okay so far. Really focusing on the workouts and showing up to do my best. The best always varying from day to day as we can not always run like well oiled machines. Sometimes your best is good enough, and that's perfectly okay.

So, now to the hungry feels and talking about what will cure that hunger. Pizza is what I will be making and eating later on today. It's breakfast time for me, but I'm always thinking 'bout dinner and pizza is one of my ways of putting a nice delicious period at the end of a long run on sentence of a week. I'd use an exclamation mark, but pizzas look more like periods. Eh, moving on, share what your Friday feast entails!

Well, that's all I got for now. Heading for the exit and leaving the weekend up to my fellow Floridian, Shabnam! She is a first time ghoster, long time poster, so it will be nice for her to be behind the check-in wheel.

And as always, I hope you all have a great Memorial day weekend ahead or whatever you are celebrating. In every way, be safe and have fun doing what you do. Later!