FB Blend Complete and PFT Results

Last week I finished Blend alongside Toasty. We checked in with each other every day and it was so great to have a workout buddy :)

I really liked Blend. I felt it was a good mix (or blend) between strength and cardio.

I took the PFT in January (5th) and since then I've done independent workouts and then Blend the last four weeks. Here are my results:

January 5th:

Mile: 12 minutes 30 seconds

Push-ups: 13 (half)

Squats: 14 (15lbs per hand)

Plank: 24 seconds

Sit and reach: +4cm

Today:

Mile: 12 minutes

Push-ups: 14 (half)

Squats: 10 (with 18lbs each hand)

Static plank: 49 seconds

Sit and reach: +6.1 cm

I'm so happy with my results. I know the run time isn't that great, but I've never done any form of running except the FB PFT (secret: I HATE running). Today was the first time that I ran consistently as well rather than run-walk-run-walk. Also, I remember when I took my first PFT in 2015 (I think), I was at 16 minutes something!

Push-ups I need to improve on. I know I definitely lift heavier weights now but push-ups are such a hard exercise for me. I think this will be one of my goals.

Squats I'm really happy with, as well as the sit and reach. The one I'm proudest of is the plank! I suck at core exercises and to double my plank time is just amazing.

I find myself comparing myself to other people a lot, which I know is not good. Seeing these results shows that I'm improving and getting better, and that's all that matters. This week I'm going to have a couple of rest/recovery days then tackle the new 1000 calorie workout that I've been wanting to do. After that I'm considering Abs 2 to work on my core!

Also, thank you to everyone on the community. you guys are amazing. It's so motivating on here but I've also learnt so much from everyone on how to strong and healthy. Hope everyone has a good week! :)