Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, May 15th

Hello! It's Friday! The edge of the weekend. How does it look from where you are standing, sitting, laying down and/or chillin'? Maybe you're already there weekending? Give us a preview!

I've got a rare bird photo for you! Rare part being me close enough to capture a bird for a photo shoot. Pretty sure the bird is common, but it's the first time I've personally seen a cormorant up this close and willing to stand there while I gawk over it. Clearly it eventually got tired of my fangirling antics, hence the flying away part. I instantly knew what this bird was because of Anne and her stunning pics and accompanying knowledge of them. My pic is clearly no Anne by any means, but it made me instantly think of you, Anne, so I had to share!

It's technically the last hard day of the You Choose challenge for me. There are 3 options for today! I'm eyeing the HIIT & strength and a possible pilates burnout. And I'm already thinking about starting this challenge over and doing all the other options I didn't pick. Maybe..I'll give it some more thought.

But what about you? What's your workout of choice for today? I hope you have a very nice exercise sesh and enjoy getting all those #workoutcompletes!

The food here is a no brainer for me. It's all about the pizza life today. What real food is in your life today? This can go smoothly right into the fitness friday with the question; How often do you "treat" yourself? Daily? Weekly? Only on holidays? Is there a set rule? Minimums or maximums? Don't really think about it? I kinda don't even want to view treats and sweets as cheats or something to be put on a pedestal. Food is food! I know I look forward to pizza on a certain day, but that feels right and balanced to me. And sometimes there might be two pizza events in one week, because you really can't have too much pizza😂 ..But other things like a little sweet or something not exactly healthy I prefer to have a natural flowy incorporation into my life. Not always super rich sweets or fast food junk food; not always every day, but a little something when I feel like it. Because over time, the real foods, the nutrient dense foods, I crave and will come back to. I know that's not specific, but it's a very free way of thinking for me that I've come to adpot. Sure, I could do better and work towards more nutrition, less and more of this and that, but I'm really happy and comfortable with how far I've come. I used to be a terrible binger, among other thngs regarding a toxic relationship with food in the past, so it's nice to find peace in this area of food. To truly love food and what it can do. Maybe you have a different view, and that is okay. We all have something that works for us and that's not good or bad. We are all unique, so why should we expect an identical approach to things work the same way for everyone?

Okay. That was quite the ramble.. Sorry about that. Let me move on by noting that once again, we are closing the book to another week gone by. Days are feeling fast and slow at the same time, but the only other thing I know that's a constant besides time is the amazing nest of people here at the FB community. Never a shortage of support here. It's always well stocked and helpful to so many of us that need it. So, thank you guys for showing up and being you. Always great to hear from you!

With all that gushiness out of the way and a quick reminder that Korse will be your lovely weekend ghost, have a spectacular day and matching weekend! I'll see you, FB Fam!