M

New furry trainer

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well.

This squirrel has been visiting our bird feeder (to the great frustration of our feathery regulars) the last couple of days, doing an elaborate acrobatic to get to it from the nearby tree and back (you can see part of the setting in the pic on the left; the feeder is about a meter from the tree branches). Yesterday, while I was concentrating on the perfect squat form, I heard a loud thud at the window. Apparently, the little fellow had jumped a bit too far and landed with his face on the window glass. After recovering from the initial shock, he stood up, front paws on the glass and made a curious inspection of the view before turning around and going loose on the peanut and sunflower-seed mix. Was still there, munching furiously, when I called it complete some half hour later. I guess he counts as a furry trainer - or?

Oh, and he's a master acrobat, with an unparalleled sense of balance and amazing confidence! Evidence in the pic on the right, although this was one of his least graceful exits we've witnessed so far XD