Daily Check-in: Monday, May 11th

Hey, everyone! Whassup? Whazzup? Okay, I'll put the word spice down and get right to today's check-in by asking about your weekend. For the mom's & mothers of all kinds out there, did you have a pleasant mother's day yesterday? I sure hope so! And for anyone over the weekend, I hope you got recharged and ready to rumble. Monday always needs a little extra boost, yeah?

Leftover from the Pink Purslane (Kiss-me-Quick) flower shoot is another flower that was hanging out next to it; hence the magenta blur giving a half wave from the side. The white flowers highlighted today are from Florida Pusley, aka Florida Snow. These ubiquitous patches of plants with their flowers are about as much white on the ground as it gets around here. For anyone still dealing with actual real snow right now, apologies. This pile of flowers is far from snow and cold!

Weather is always such a topic, a real ice breaker, but let's go with the food that will give us the energy for our workouts, fuel us up after, make us feel good, and help us power through a Monday. Food does a lot! Of course the extra cup of coffee can help too. So what are you eating? What are you drinking? Fill the mind with things that fill the belly. There's some form of turkey in the fridge, so I'll have to make a proper dinner out of it.

You know on Monday we can always expect things to get out of order. But let's recover and go right to how we are working out. I'm on week two of the You Choose Challenge from Plus. It's a good ol' sweaty (maybe sweary) HIIT and strength. Think I'll tack on the new core workout too because I can't resist me some extra core work: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/quick-10-minute-abdominal-strength-workout-home-functional-core-strength

But what are you sweating up today? HIIT that keyboard and tell us how those workouts and rest are going. Extra credit if you type 20 seconds on, 10 off however many times through.

Maybe that's how we should do our Monday, except make it like 20 seconds off, 10 seconds on all day through. Now that's tabata right. Little chunks and bites end up turning into grand things. And suddenly you are full and accomplished. So, go be grand, bit by bite. :)