Daily Check-in: Tuesday, May 5th

Hey, FB Family, and Happy Cinco de Mayo to you! Got anything cool going on or is it just another day? Share and share some more! Always enjoy reading what everyone is up to. Doesn't have to be all rainbows and unicorns either as not all days can be copy and paste perfect. This is here for you to talk about whatever you want and however you are feeling.

It's also here to talk about the workouts and food! It's Day Two of the May You Choose Plus Challenge for me and it's going to be an arm day! Speaking of workouts, who is excited about different programs on sale!? FB is just taking care of and spoiling us so much.

Anyway, what are you doing for your movement today? Or rest. Always important to rest those muscles. And the mind! So if life is just constantly screaming, take a few minutes for yourself to help reset.

The picture today is the berries of a Toothache Tree or a Hercules Club. Two very different sounding names to describe this interesting tree. The toothache part comes from how the crushed leaves have a numbing/tingling effect on the gums, lips and tongue and how the leaves have a very intense smell and flavor; kinda like toothache drops/anbesol from what I've read. I personally don't have anything to compare it too. But I can attest that it does freak the mouth out. With a tingly numbness that lasted about 30 minutes from the nibble I took. You don't consume any part of the tree or the berries that you see. It's just for your eyes.

The Hercules Club part describes how the bark is thorny. Because Hercules weapon of choice was a club that grew spikes. So, not a fun plant to brush up against or climb, but full of fun facts and tongue numbing properties.

But let's talk about things that are kinder and not so wild on the tongue. Give me the food of your lives and make that tongue sweat for all the right reasons. Given it is Cinco de Mayo AND a Taco Tuesday, it makes all the sense in the foodiverse to have some kind of taco themed dinner. I'm thinking mexican lasagna using tortilla shells in place of lasagna noodles. With layered fillings of refried beans, seasoned pork and salsa and sour cream. I can taste it already. I know the day is more than food, but food makes celebrated days even more special.

Alright, I've talked on long enough to write myself a speedy exit. But obviously not before I wish you all an excellent day. So, get to excelling at your own personal pace!

Edited