Daily Check-in: Tuesday, April 28th

Hello and here we are at another Turtle Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I've shared a baby gopher tortoise here at one point in time, but babies always need more than one appearance because, well, the word "babies" speaks for itself. This one is not very big at all, maybe the smallest one I've found. The size of a half dollar at most. So it's only about a week old, two at the latest. And completely camera shy.

Now that we've got a bit of a baby fix (who knows if that's a thing) let's get to our next fix; workouts! Those endorphins are most certainly a thing and hopefully we can get them going with however you are moving and sweating today! I've got an upper body strength on the schedule. One of those with three rounds and a burnout that pretty much promises sore muscles. But how will you be exercising or resting today?

And how's it going with food? Incoming random tangent no one asked for; you know it's okay if we don't eat exactly perfect or what is deemed quote on quote "perfect." Eating looks different for everyone. And the body is like our trusty sweat pants. It gives us a little room to stretch and have some leeway, so it's okay if we are not always #eatrealfood. Food can be analogous to life in a way how it gets messy and is not always clean and perfect, but you can't live without it. Living without life would be kinda hard, but basically life is food as much as food is life. I can snack on that all day, which is good because I'm not sure what else I'm eating. 🙈

And that, my friends, concludes todays check-in. I hope you have a lovely day and mostly free of adversities. I say mostly because sometimes adversities (if not too severe and stressful) can make us a little stronger. It's like strength training. What we can lift today makes us stronger tomorrow. What challenges we face today can make us better at handling them for tomorrow. The trick is to make sure the adversity is a comfortable weight you can lift and if at all possible, drop those weights completely. But we can't always pick and choose our challenges and adversities.

Hah..eventually, I will run out of analogies.