s
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Need substitute for deep glute stretch, and similar stretches.

Deep glute stretches must be Kelli's and Daniel's favorite stretch of all time, (save for the whole body stretch, which has to be everybody's, right?) But, due to my ever present arthritis in my right hip, and hip impingement in both hips, I find any stretch or exercise that involves scrunching up my legs like is done with the deep glute stretch very painful, particularly on the right side. It doesn't bother me on the left so much, but we have to keep the sides even, don't we? I have a very strange body in that I can bend forward and touch not only my toes, but the floor, almost flat handed, but I can't for the life of me do anything that bends my hip and knee to the side.

Another stretch I struggle with big time is the butterfly, another favorite of theirs, especially Daniel. ;-) And, of course, Kelli loves to throw in what I call the pretzel stretch, but she calls the pigeon stretch. No. uh uh. Can't do that one either. Get my drift? I love you Kelli and Daniel, but y'all are torturing me!

So, does anyone have any ideas for stretches that might accomplish the same thing, but not give me excruciating pain?

Thanks