26 weeks preggo, FBPlus April challenge complete - with sacroiliac joint recovery thrown in! Patience is key!

Hello everyone!

I've been solidly working out one way or another an average of 4 times a week and I'm SO proud of myself!

After my (possible covid) violent coughing for 2 weeks at the end of March, an old sacroiliac joint injury flared up, so debilitating that I couldn't stand for long, or sit for long, and couldn't go for walks. The first week of it I stuck to Pilates and yoga, but the problem is that I went back to weights and standing too fast! And seeing a physiotherapist is out of the question for obvious reason.

So I've been REALLY strict on myself, focusing on pelvis stability (pilates), icing and heating my back, resting EVERY time I need to...then did the April challenge but dropped weights for all lower body stuff, also subbed out lunges, deadlifts and anything that felt bad for pilates moves instead. I did upper body weights, but sat down for most of them to support my back.

I took rest days and subbed active rest workouts for sacroiliac joint Yoga workouts.

And finally yesterday did the last 52min lower body workout with weights, but way lighter than usual, and did very very short and shallow lunges without weights.

I'm not 100% over this yet, and perhaps as my tummy will get heavier I won't ever be at 100% until way after the baby comes. But at least I know I have the patience to handle things and rehab myself!

Anyway, if you read this far thank you!

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs from the UK.

Tanya

Edited