Breathing Pattern matters! Kickbox breathing while gardening

Recently I've seen some discussions around the subject of "does it even matter how I breathe?" and today I found the definitive answer: oh yes.

I was digging up my parents garden in order to plant some veggies. Sadly I had forgotten said garden is filled with dirt that's mostly clay, Meaning: OMG. When I had dug up huge boulders of clay I was glad that was over but, oh boy, was I naive. Digging up boulders wasn't too much fun, but getting those boulders to become crumbly soil every plant would be proud to sit in? Different story altogether. First I tried breaking them up with the hoe but kept sliding off of their sides, since the clay was so sunbaked those boulders essentially became clay bricks. (oh no) So I had to use the spade again, basically cutting the bricks apart with massive force from above (and lots of cursing(/sweating/wishing for beer and a nice relaxing swim), I'm sure that was the part that worked best). And once I was done, the hoe came back to take action. Welllll.... ooff. After the first couple SECONDS I became so winded with hacking at those (!&§!&/%!!!?) brick blocks, I had to take a break. And another. And another. Two minutes in and I'm DONE. (having worked the upper body with K&D a couple hours earlier probably didn't help)

When I realised I was nowhere near done for real (like, ready to plant stuff), I knew I had to do something differently. And suddenly I realised: Hacking like that BASICALLY was like kickboxing... kinda... not really... but hey, why not? AND I tried breathing like I was boxing, not hacking (in my head I was in a monumental fight against a golem) (ok, no, I lied, but it sounded good).

Yes, you guessed it (if you're even still reading, this is turning into a monumental feat to overcome itself). Et voilá: With right breathing pattern I was able to hack apart all the bricks (well, most of them, some I just couldn't be bothered ^^) (working for at least an hour, when I couldn't even handle a few seconds with wrong breathing) and now have a bed with nice, crumbly earth, waiting for plants to grow in. BOOM.

Edited