6 years with FitnessBlender on YouTube. Why didn't I join sooner...? But I am here now ;)

Dear everyone,

I'm not a fan of big words and lengthy thank you speeches, but I think right now is the time to say my "thank you"s and express my gratitude to what Kelli and Daniel do with FitnessBlender, and how all of you who posted those before and after pics changed my life completely.

My journey with FitnessBlender started around 6 years ago, when I was a student at a top Psychology program in Romania. I struggled with a series of eating disorders and health problems, constantly being overweight (like 20 kg overweight) while starving myself and taking every unhealthy stuff I could find out there to lose weight. The pressure in the University was really wearing me down and putting me on edge, which made things really difficult.

Then one day (I don't even remember how anymore) Kelli's before and after story caught my I on Youtube and I thought "wow! I can really relate to that...". So started out experimenting with the free workouts on Youtube.

I was hooked in the first few days. And I lost all the extra weight in around 6 months... Why didn't I join the community then?

I didn't see how it can give even more, than it already has given me by the free workout videos. But, I was practically a kid (looking back, I really was a full grown kid...:), and I didn't pay attention enough beyond the exercises to realize that there is much more to it.

Then I finished college and started my master's program in another city, where I met my husband, and when I finally got to the point of looking exactly like I wanted to, and reached most of my fitness goals we decided to have a baby.

Well... all of you girls who tried this very specific experiment know, that the body and the mind alike put fitness and workouts away in a dusty attic somewhere in the mind, when a newborn is around.

With the c-section making it very painful to move and a baby keeping me up at night, I quickly regained all the extra weight I lost by 3 years of hard work with Kelli and Daniel. And in the meantime I started my pHD, and took a teaching job and a counseling job at the same time, which made working out a nice little fantasy reserved for the weekends and late nights. Why didn't I join then..? I really did not believe 2 years ago that I can stick to my workout routines with the schedule I just put together for myself. But somehow, I was still there, in front of YouTube, at least 2-3 times a week, because I needed that boost of motivation, strength, fun and caring for my health and body that I get with FitnessBlender.

And then there came the drugs. Having a full-time job, a part-time job, a toddler and a pHD on my shoulders seemed cool at the beginning, but in the last year the stress, the anxiety and all the nights spent working put their stamp, and yes, I started using drugs to relax and just forget about all of it sometimes. But sometimes really fast became daily, and believe it or not, I have never before admitted this to anyone, because I am too ashamed of it. The stuff that I started using made me tired, sluggish and in no state or mood whatsoever to workout.

So I don't even know how many months have passed by without any physical activity when I woke up one day and realized what I doing with my health working day and night, smoking, taking drugs, not allowing any minute to myself during the day to reserve all the free moments to my son.

And then I put on a FitnessBlender workout and something magical happens.

My husband and my son started working out with me and we had the best fun ever. And that's how I ended up in this community. I realized, that at every turn in the last 6 years, when things got really tough, and I started to behave in unhealthy ways that would have had really bad consequences on the long term, I put on a workout video, I scroll to the comments and see that I am not the only one, and if others can do it, I can turn my behavior and my life around.

I am working on a pHD in psychology, so I am more that aware that these ups and downs probably won't stop here. So I wanted to be part of the community, to be more present in these sort of discussions and activities because I think that in the end, we need each other to get through not only this pandemic that changed our lives overnight, but through the daily hustles and hardships of being a parent, a student, a professor, a friend in need, a hard working employee or businessman, and any role that we have taken on through our lives.

So, to Kelli, Daniel, and all of you guys: Thank you!! You`re awesome, and I couldn't be happier to be here.

Take care,

Zselyke

Edited