FB Blend Day 1 Complete

I started FB Blend today with the lower body descending reps workout which has long been a favourite of mine. I surprise myself at how much I can lift on the 6 rep round and it reminds me I'm stronger than I think! I also managed to do the extra credit HIIT which was tough but I feel great now.

When I complete Blend I want to do the PFT again because I haven't done it since January and I know I've improved!

My main goal for the programme is to give my all in every workout and really focus. I love working out but I know I have a habit sometimes of going through the motions, so I want to make sure I'm giving it my all. However, also recognising when I need to take things slower and/or take a rest.

My second goal is to focus on my diet. I tend to be 'healthy' during the week then at the weekend go a bit too crazy, haha! Me and my parents always cook home meals from scratch, but it's things like big portions and chocolate that I'm bad with. I'll still enjoy my treats but have them in moderation! It's just very difficult at the moment being on lockdown - my main way to cope with stress has always been food so I've got to keep myself in check and find other ways to de-stress.

I've recently started doing Yoga with Adriene some evenings and that's helping, as well as doing meditation with the Headspace app. I'ts been a month now since I saw my boyfriend. In 3 1/2 years the longest we've gone without seeing each other is around 2 weeks so I miss him a lot. I keep reminding myself though that we're doing the right thing and protecting other people by following the rules.

I hope everyone else is doing well and staying safe! :)