S
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Healthy eating for weight loss/ macros/ TDEE/ confusion!!

Hi all

Hope all is well.

I have a question on healthy eating. I want to loose weight. I have been working out with FB on and off for quite some time and am currently ending week 4 of FB 30 round 1 so I am working out consistently 5/6 days per week although it is early days.

I know that nutrition is key to weight loss and that a bad diet can not be out-trained. I think I have a basic understanding of what a good, sustainable way of eating is. But I would like a be more 'scientific' in my approach, I am not looking for a quick crash and burn fix I know this will take time.

I used a site to calculate my TDEE, I said that I did light exercise 1/2 days a week as outside of my FB I am pretty sedentary so I didn't want to overstate, does that sound right? I know I need to move more in general but it's not easy right now.

The calculation said that I need 2064 per day to maintain, so I am thinking if I reduce that to 1564 I should loose weight in a sustainable way and have enough energy to workout?

Lastly ( and thanks to anyone who has made it this far!) macros- do I really need to track them? I have tried using apps in the past and I really do not get on with them! I make 90 per cent plus of my own food (more in the current climate.) I love to cook and cook form scratch, make my own sauces etc. So those apps are just so fiddly plus they make me think about food 24/7!

I have scales and am happy to weigh things and track that way. Does the carb. fat, protein ratio really matter that much if I am eating lean protein, good fats and lots of FRV, with complex carbs? I know I need to reduce portions and stop late night snacking.

Does this sound a sensible approach? any thoughts would be great!

Thanks!