R

Weight-Loss: Help & Tips Needed

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I am writing on the Fit Bit forum and I am writing because I am looking for some tips and suggestions.

I am 22 years old, 5 6 feet tall & I began my weight loss journey on February 29, 2020 at a weight of 165 lbs. In about 3 weeks I went from 165 lbs to 155 lbs which I believe was mostly water weight. Since Feb. 29. I have cut all sugar, processed food (I am eating carbs but moderately), I have maintained a caloric deficit of around 500-800 daily eating around 1200-1300 calories (yes I realize it’s low but this a caloric deficit I could sustain as I could not do much physical activity initially due to some issues with my right hip). As the weeks went on, I began to slowly incorporate exercise (alternating days where I would walk for an hour, or do HIIT for around 30-40 mins) and things went well for the first 3 weeks. Over the past two weeks, however, I have been stuck at 155 lbs and my weight doesn’t seem to decrease at all. I am maintaining the same caloric deficit (at times I find myself eating around 1400-1450 daily which i believe should let my body know that I am not really in starvation mode).

I thought I wasn’t drinking enough water & since last week I began to make sure I was drinking 8 glasses of water everyday. I also thought this might have been occurring because I was building muscle (which it might be the case since I have dropped 2 inches around my waist since Feb. 29) but because of issues with my hip I could not do intensive exercises like HIIT since last week but still tried myself to keep active burning around 300-500 calories daily through exercise. I weighed myself yesterday... and the weight is still stuck at 155 lbs.

At this point, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. It seems like I have hit a weight loss plateau, and I am wondering if I should reset my metabolism or do other things (which I am unsure about). Did anyone else experience? If so, how were you able to overcome this type of issue? Thank you so much for your help!