"Giving Up" Working Out for A While?

Hello FB Peeps! Okay the title is a bit of an exaggeration but I don't like the idea of doing it. I'm sure a lot of you have seen me comment or post about how I've been having joint pains ij my knees and ankles and even though there's so much I can't do right now I still can modify and get my workoutcompletes. I'm really happy that I'm not limited to the point where I can't workout but strangely enough my doctors, my family and even my friends have told me that working out may just be the cause of why I'm having these pains in the first place. That's strange to me considering that I have been working out for almost four years now since graduating high school and even did marching band in high school. Also, the fact that working out is really beneficial in so many aspects and has helped me become stronger and have more endurance. To th8nk that very thing that helping me reach these goals is also the reason why I'm in pain all the time is a little farfetched. (I hope I used that right). The pain would be on and off back then but now it's pretty much an everyday thing where some days are better than others but pretty much pain everyday. I can't go to a hospital or anything right now and many of you are probably wondering why I've never went before. Mainly because I'm afraid to hear the words "You may not be able to use your legs for a while." or something like that depending on what the issue is in my joints. I just hate the possibility on not being able to use my legs. I hate the idea of not being able to workout because I get so much energy, feel good you guys get the gist right? So if I can't be getting my workout completes and can't do much right now with what's going on in the world, what can I do to keep active but keep my joints in check at the same time? I don't want to be sitting around all day. The worst part is I had the April FB Plus challenge planned next week but I can't even do that. Sorry for the rant I just really needed to get this off my chest.

So should I keep doing what I'm doing and workout with huge modifications? Should I just listen to my parents, doctors and friends and stop for a while? If so, how long?