Daily Check-in: Saturday, April 4th

Well hello there, FB Fam!

Long time, no see, eh?

It's been awhile since I've been on this side of the check-ins!

I'm so grateful that Raven (and all the lovely weekend hosts) have been handling this (and doing a truly fantastic job) since I took a break last December. You are all wonderfully supportive people! Thank you for being there, and for welcoming me back, too!

Ok, so how about a check-in here?

How are you all doin on this fine weekend? How're things going in your corner of the world?

I hope everything's going as well as it can be currently. I know there's a lot of scary uncertainty occurring in the world, but we're gonna be ok. We'll make it through this, guys! We just gotta endure for now, be safe, be responsible, and take care of each other (from a distance ha)!

As for us here in the backwoods of MI? We've been doin ok! Life happens, but it goes on, eh? We've been in the midst of some seriously back-and-forth Spring weather at the moment, tho! Snow one day, super sunny warm the next, and then maybe some ice rain thrown in for fun. So I thought today I'd share a Random Bird Photo embracing the snowy part of Spring (even though this pic was taken in Feb when it was still winter, it's one of my favorites, and Imma share it with you anyway! haha).

So it's the apt, and oft photographed, Snowy Owl!! I was lucky enough to be able to watch this beauty hunt. He or she just caught a shockingly large shrew, and was sitting in the snowy field, trying to figure out how to fly away with such a mammoth member of the Soricidae family. So, I snapped a photo (or two or three or one-hundred-and-fifty-nine), and there we have it! Snowy Owl post-hunt. It was so cool to get to watch that. Now I'm sharing it with you!

Ok, enough Random Bird Photo Rambling!

Now, let's talk about some workouts for this weekend, shall we?

How about it, Blenders? Are you working out today, or is it a rest day for you?

It's a rest day for me today! Last Thursday, I wanted a good upper body strength workout. Then I thought, I want a bit of cardio too. And how about some ab work thrown in for extra credit? So that turned into me doing this 1000 Cal Workout: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/1000-calorie-workout-video-hiit-strength-training-abs-and-obliques-workout-to-burn-1000-calories

Sooo...whoops. Dontcha just hate when you accidentally do a 1K Cal workout? haha. Anywho, I'm gonna be taking the next several days off so I can be ready for the start of the #StayConnected Community Challenge on Monday! (https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/18306/official-stayconnected-community-challenge-schedule) Who else is excited for that?!? I love me some good community challenges, and this one's gonna be one of the best, methinks!

And of course, we can't get through a check-in with out talking of food, can we? That'd be straight-up blasphemous! So how bout it, Blenders? What's on the menu for today?

I honestly have no idea! haha. I'm really bad at this. Maybe something with beans? Ok, we'll say beans, and then go from there!

(Then I can officially say that I'll be full o' beans!..*ba dum tss*....ha...haha....ha........Ok, go home, Kim. You're done.)

Well FB Fam, I think that's more than enough from me today!

I hope you all have a fantastic Saturday (or Sunday, depending where you are in the world), and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Take care, stay safe, and have fun in all that you do!

And thanks for having me back! I missed you guys!

Edited