🌸S.I.F.🌹Accountability Group - Week 5: Saturday, April 4th

Hey, guys 'n girls! Wishing a happy and healthy weekend to all my fellow Blenders out there! :)

Five weeks... are we already that far into it? Unbeliavable, that's already half way through! So what's your review of the first half? Which smaller and bigger victories have you got on your list? Maybe this weekend is also a good time to think about some little adjustments for the weeks to come. The little pedant that I am always finds a thing or two to optimize. x)

I am actually pretty happy with the last weeks. I am glad that I managed to get on track with my nutrition after a tough start. My original goal was to eat 2900 calories plus X per day, but it turned out that this X got pretty big pretty often. So I decided to set a cap at 3100 calories. I guess, for me it's just easier to stay consistent when I have a rather precise plan.

My main goal for our project was increasing my strength and building some muscle, and at least the strength point already made pretty nice progress. I got five workouts done every week so far, sometimes with an additional recovery workout at the weekend. I still try to do a short core workout on each day that doesn't focus the core explicitly, but I failed on that plan on probably half of the days. Sometimes I just worked out too late in the evening, so with respect to my wife and my neighbors I called it a day after the main workout, rather than keeping up the screaming, moaning and cursing. x) One goal for the second half of our project is to get my workouts done a little earlier. Pretty sure this should be possible.

Some selected numbers: I increased my squads from three sets of 20 with 123 lbs to three sets of 26, my deadlifts from 20/15/15 with 123 lbs to three sets of 23, my chest press from 20/20/10 with 123 lbs to 24/20/18, my pull ups from 8/7/5 to 9/9/7... even my biceps curls went up alot from 12/11/8 with 28 lbs per hand to 15/13/11.

As you can see, the rep numbers are already quite alot higher than I want them to be for muscle and strength gain, but this was just the maximum amount of weight I had availible for my bar. So I am extra glad that I just got some additional plates from my younger brother to increase the challenge for the weeks to come. (Tried to keep the weight controlled while freezing in the middle of the movement, untill my wife was done taking the picture... which - frankly speaking - looks pretty stupid and by far not as controlled as I hoped it would xD ). Since I am not used to the weight, I will start carefully next week with low repetitions, listening closely if my body complains about anything. Gonna increase the numbers step by step and I am very positive that this will result in some significant progress. :)

Well, that's it from me for the moment! I really hope you are all well and safe and I send you an extra-portion of positive spirit for everything you are focussing on at the moment!

As always, let's finish with Heaven's final words: Love and peace to all!

Edited