Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Protein intake as a (mostly) vegetarian of 10+ years??

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding my protein intake.

I have been vegetarian/vegan for over 10 years now, although I have started to eat fish again about once or twice a month, simply because I got insane fish cravings (hello body, what are you trying to tell me??).

Now, especially if I do regular and intense workouts, I often feel like I could eat the. entire. f*ing. day. I'm basically really hungry every two hours and it's getting a little frustrating.

In addition to that I am often quite sore after workouts (after working out regularly for 5+ years and feeling like I can handle the intensity well).

I have been wondering if these two things might have to do with my protein intake.

I do eat legumes (beans, chick peas, lentils) and stuff, but I have no idea how much is enough and find it hard to keep track. Apart from that my diet has a lot of (healthy) carbs, just because that's an easy option for me and just what I feel like eating most of the time.

I don't want to start counting calories and macros because I've had an eating disorder many years ago. I've been in treatment regarding this, so it's not really an issue, but I would love to figure this out intuitively, according to how my body feels if that makes sense.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I would really appreciate your advice!

Edited