Weekend Check-in, Sunday, March 29th

Good morning Blenders! How goes it in your corner of the world today? Maybe, like me, you’re looking outside and the skies are gray and dampening your mood and you need a pop of color? Here’s a sunset picture I took the other night- all sorts of color to add some glow and warmth to the day.

Before we get to the workouts and food questions, I have another question to help us focus on the positive (which we can always use a dose of!): How has someone shown you kindness recently?

Last week we were down to our last four rolls of toilet paper (we’re a family of five) and I was on a futile online hunt for some more. I was getting frustrated and about to cry when my doorbell rang. When I opened it, there stood my husband’s secretary. She handed me a bag, said, “Here,” and turned and walked away. There were ten rolls of toilet paper inside! I cried the ugly cry! I’m still marveling at that display of kindness and provision!

I’d love to hear how someone has shown you kindness recently! Let’s spread some positivity!

Okay, now onto workouts. What’s on your schedule today? Taking it easy with some much needed rest, or working up a sweat? There are some wide-open desert trails near our house; we may go for a family hike. If not, a walk around the neighborhood is definitely in order.

And since we all need to eat, we must talk about food. What drool-worthy foods are you eating today? I have a bunch of broccoli to use up, some brown rice and chicken. I’m thinking I’ll make a stir fry. My kids detest any sort of Asian food, but guess what kids? Mama doesn’t care! You have two choices for dinner: eat, or go hungry! (I think I know which one they’ll choose)

That’s enough out of me. It’s been wonderful ghosting this weekend! See ya!

Edited