27th March check-in

Hi all, hope you’re well 😊

Since Monday night the UK is in lockdown. I had a brief ‘meltdown’ because I can’t see my boyfriend anymore who lives about 2 hours from me (I live with my parents). We were due to start looking for our first place together to move into in summer but now that’s on hold! I knew it was coming but seeing the Prime Minister’s announcement made it all very real and scary.

Since then however I’ve calmed down and started to think more positively. Thank god for technology! We can still FaceTime every day and we’ve decided to watch a TV series ‘together’ so it gives us something else to talk about seen as everything else manages to find a way back to Coronavirus!

I’ve been focusing on my university work and making that a priority. It’s difficult to concentrate due to the worrying but I’m getting there.

I’ve been getting out and going for a short walk every day to get some fresh air, as well as doing my usual FB workouts. Last night I did an online Zumba class with my mum. I usually go to Zumba with my mum as I love dancing and it’s something we like to do together. Of course our local teacher can’t run her classes so she’s managed to work out a way of doing them online (via Zoom the conferencing app). It was fabulous! Also, half way through at 8 o clock the whole country clapped for our NHS! We weren’t sure if people on our street would do it but they did! I must admit, I found it quite emotional!

Stay safe everyone! 🙏🏻