Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Is it better to lose weight slower or faster?

Heya Community!

Main question: Does the fact that I lost weight pretty quickly increases the chance that I will get it back?

Disclaimer: I was never overweighted, I was 168 cm with 69kg. I dropped now to 63 kg. Doing FB videos and programms for 4-5 years now.

Story: So together with myboyfriend we took 4 months ago a decision to go for a diet. And because my boyfriend was overweight and I was having too much body fat content, we wanted to go responsibly with this under the eye of dietician.

However having all knowledge from fitness blender, I am questioning the metholodogy that was used on us by dietician. So, listen:

1. I told dietician, that I train, so I would like to keep a diet, that let me continue my fitness journey. She said "Well, u should consider leaning up first, because this te right way to start with losing fat and training later". And dont get me wrong, she was very nice and created a diet, that was more less aligned with what we like and definetiey healthy. but this comment I disliked.

2. We started a diet, just feeling like starving, but we were fiercefully keeping to it. I couldnt train, because every time I lift a hand I felt that I might pass out if I keep it up, BUT after 2-3 weeks we ajusted and I was capable of foing some low impact / short HIIT trainings. I completed #FBBodyweight, because I was hoping that regular cardio will help in reducing fat content.

3. My progress was very slow, but was present, which was nice surprise considering that I couldnt lose weight since ~8 years, when I tried loose dieting on my own (either eating to irregulary or overeating healthy foods). My boyfriend's progress was very fast, he lost 11kg in 3,5months. (And with a break for winter holidays and some cheatmeals around valentines)

4. Now I am still on the diet, and I started to do heavier training, I completed #FBBurn R1 and now up to #FBStrong, but there were a moments when I felt strange, so... I started to count calories of the diet... And I found out, that I was eating more less 1200 kcal per day !!! It is really very low, I think. In the meantime I bought #FBmealplan and I see that K&D recommending not going lower than 1600 kcal. I am bit worried now, was it really healthy and how to do now, when we will end the diet with the controlled month and what to do next...

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you want I can share some pictures.