Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Request for Kelli and Daniel - workouts for kids

Hi Kelli and Daniel,

I have a confession to make: I don't let my kids work out with you very often. That's because I want them outside running around, climbing in playgrounds and playing sports in social settings.

But all of a sudden, their sporting activities have been cancelled, and Fitness Blender would be a great extra activity for them, especially on weekends or if school shuts down. (Rumour has it our upcoming school holidays will be extended from two to four weeks.)

Now, working out with you is a real treat for my kids! But it would really help us out if we had more workouts aimed at children. They don't need kids in them - feedback from my 5 and 6 year olds is that they're as happy with just Kelli or Daniel as they are doing your real kids' workout.

What they do need is simpler exercises. They're great at jumping jacks, burpees, high knees, anything like that. But anything more complicated - especially core exercises for some reason - is too tricky and they get lost.

To summarise... Could we please have some kid-friendly workouts? High impact but basic exercises. I think they'd be really handy for a lot of families right now!