L

3-day flexibility challenge

I am so glad that I delayed starting FB Burn for 3 days to do the flexibility challenge. If I had tried to stick to my schedule no matter what, I probably would have hurt something on Monday. But instead, I feel rested and ready to work hard tomorrow!

I would really like to foam roll to go along with the stretching routines, but I have too many bruises along the muscles that need it. :-( Falling on snow was fine, falling on ice left its mark (and falling tangled up on my skis, and falling on my ski poles, etc.)

As far as the flexibility challenge videos, I really liked the dynamic stretching on Day 1, especially since I had so many sore muscles. Day 2 was more pilates and there were some things I could not do, like leg circles in the air--my hip flexors and inside thighs just said no. Day 3 was static stretching, and I did a bit of a longer warm-up than the video because I started right when I woke up and didn't want to go right into holding long stretches. But it mostly felt great, just a couple things that I couldn't do (that I normally could, which is frustrating, but I want to recover quickly instead of pushing it too hard and then taking longer).

Anyway I would definitely recommend the 3-day flexibility challenge for any time you need to gently recover from something more strenuous. You can schedule it on your calendar as independent workouts, so if you are used to doing a program you can still see what is scheduled, get those checkmarks, and not have to take time to figure out what you're going to do each day.