Posted in: Nutrition / FB Meal Plan

Using the FB Meal Plan to guide and maintain my whole/real food lifestyle...

I'm a high school teacher in America. I'm a mom of two boys in elementary school. Life's fricken busy. Understatement of the century. But here's a look at what I do to help me maintain a healthy diet after working hard to achieve my health and fitness goals. I sort through the meals for one of the weeks and plan ahead which meals I will make for my lunches and my morning snacks. I double up on some if I have a lot of ingredients so as not to waste produce and to make my meal prep a lot faster. This week, out of week three and four I made the egg and beet salad, two southwestern corn and black bean salads, and a Mediterranean chicken wrap. Later this week I plan on making the portobello mushroom burger for dinner while the rest of the family has regular burgers, and I'll make the second mushroom that comes in the pack as my lunch for Friday. I also made two blueberry granola snacks and three cottage cheese/grapes. Done and done! All healthy and well balanced. Having the printed meals to leaf through really helps too. So many of these recipes are simple to make and even though I used the week four grocery list (I average about $145 per week for food and that feeds my entire family) I can still make recipes from other weeks easily if I feel like it. That's how simple and common the ingredients are. Anyway, I'm excited about my progress and planning and thought I'd share with you, my like-minded community. Happy cooking and happy sweating!