non scale victory

So I completed FB last week (yay!) and started FB Booty 2 on Monday, I have just completed the first week.

I have been on a bit of a downer about myself this last week as I have been working hard, my diet is pretty good although there is room for improvement, but my body hadn't changed at all. Scale hadn't moved, measurements the same and before and after pictures the same over the last 5 weeks. I had a word with myself and pushed through as I knew I was being harsh on myself and unrealistic and it was an unhelpful attitude.

Anyway today, I did strength and hiit and was getting annoyed with myself as I felt I wasn't pushing myself hard enough, curtsey lunges which KILLED me on week one of FB strong didn't seem that hard at all, and deadlifting 20kg was a breeze when I used to really struggle to get to the end of the set. I have a barbell so use that for squats, again same thing. Then I realised, all this is happening because I am STRONGER! I need to up my weights! Using my barbell for squats, I managed to lift 20kg above my head to balance the bar on the back of my shoulders and I would never have been able to do that before!

I also checked my fitbit after and I hit peak loads without even realising. When I used to do hiit in the gym, my body used to give out before my lungs because I just wasn't strong enough to keep going. I feel like the strength I have built so far has massively helped with my cardio and explosive movements.

This had made me soooo much happier than any scale victory could. Vanity now firmly in check, the results will come in time. Faith in myself and patience restored.

Huge huge huge thank you to fitness blender!!! 🤗🤗🤗