M

Plateaus and struggling to recognize the progress

I started my fitness journey 2 years ago when a coworker got me going on a Great in 8 program. I LOVED the program because it wasn't a diet. It was just a program based on realistic guidelines with daily and weekly accountability. I found Fitness Blender to help me with the physical fitness side of the program, worked really hard to switch to whole grains and more fruits and veggies, and I slimmed down 20 lbs in the 8 week program. It felt AMAZING.

I have been struggling off and on since. I have kept the weight off (or so the scale says). Well... I fluctuate by about 5 lbs. But as a woman in my late 20s, I don't feel too bad about this. However, I can see a staggering difference in where that weight is kept. I am still working really hard to eat healthy and workout like I was during the program. If I am being honest, I would say I am giving about 80-90% of the effort I did when I was doing the program. My workouts as just as hard as before, but my eating isn't as clean as it was then. I am seeing results that are nowhere near what I was achieving during the program... I actually feel like I am seeing a backslide, and it is SO DISHEARTENING.

Anyways... I am rambling now... Anyone have any tips for when you get stuck in a plateau? How do I help my body break out of the rut and start seeing results again? Do I need to change up my eating habits? My workouts? Or just keep doing what I am doing and my body will catch up eventually? I have a wedding coming up, and I would love to feel just a little more comfortable in my dress. (Although that isn't my only motivation, it is a big one!)

P.S. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I just recently had my tubes tied and stopped taking hormonal birth control. I was on these hormones for 10 years, and my body is still adjusting to my new hormone levels. Could this be part of the struggle I am having?

P.P.S. I attached one photo from the middle of the program 2 years ago (pink bra) and one from today (green bra) for some reference.