Learning a Lesson

I'm more of an all or nothing type. So for me it is not so easy to skip a workout without being overwhelmed by feelings of guilt. In the past, this has often blocked me and has also harmed my fitness efforts. I've been training with fitnessblender for quite a while now and things have changed for me. I am not only talking about physical changes but also about new ways of thinking that enrich my life.

It is interesting to see how my goals have changed over time: in the beginning it was all about looks, I wanted quick results, but now aspects like health and well-being are more important to me. Of course it is great if you can suddenly do more push-ups or if abs are slowly showing up. But what if progress stagnates, where do you get your motivation from?

As is so often the case in life, it always goes up and down and the challenge is to deal with setbacks. As I said as an all or nothing type, this is particularly difficult for me. One or the other surely knows this: one missed workout and the feeling of guilt let us forget all the successfully completed fitness routines.

Now I am trying to break this vicious cycle by thinking of what I have already achieved and how many workouts I have already finished, even though my inner bastard wanted to prevent me from doing so. This happy feeling after a finsihed workout, no matter how long, no matter how difficult it was, cannot be replaced by anything in this world. From my own experience, I know it's easier said than done, but since I've been training regularly, I've become stronger not only physically but also mentally.

And of course there is a moment when the body just doesn't want to workout. Okay then I tell myself : you don't want today, then you don't have to, that's perfectly fine. Sometimes you just need a break and sometimes this break takes a week. In the past, such a long break would have thrown me completely off the rails and I would soon have returned to bad habits.

Last week I gave myself such a break and enjoyed it very much, but something amazing happened: I longed to work out again. These weren't feelings of guilt but the simple longing for physical activity. Today I jumped back into working out again and was rewarded for listening to my body: I ​​felt fit and full of energy.

That's why I love FitnessBlender's philosophy so much because it taught me so many things beyond fitness.

Sorry for my long post but I just wanted to share it with you^^

Jess

Edited