Slow?!?! Post injury PB, that’s what counts!

Hubby and me decided to do a park run (5k on a Saturday morning, any level can just join in, happens in loads of places all over the world!). Since my two injuries I have done a few runs, hashes and Goodgym, but both those allow you to stop and wait during your run. Goodgym is always divided in 2 parts anyway: run to a task, do the task and run back. So an 8k Goodgym run is 2x 4k with a half hour break in between. Hash runs are where you follow clues before you run on. The slowest runners can wait while the faster runners find the right direction. So the 6k hash I did a little while ago felt doable enough.

Obviously you can stop or slow down during a parkrun, but for me today’s parkrun was all about: run the whole 5k with NOT having to stop to catch my breath.... and I did it!

I was slow, slower than hubby, which is an annoying thought because I used to be the better runner of the two of us....!!! As I was running, I saw him get ahead, but I kept repeating to myself:

don’t think about him, think about yourself, this is all about not stopping, enjoy the fact that you are able to run again, you may not be fast, but you are RUNNING!

And I did it, I got my today’s “Personal Best”: I ran without stopping!!! Happy to know that I am getting back to managing everything! YAY!

Compliment at the end of the run: this lady I didn’t know told me she had been hanging on to me because I was running at such a steady pace!!!

I might not have been fast, but I did it, my pace was steady AND I enjoyed it!

Pic: shows my time... not a PB according to the parkrun stats.... but for me today certainly counted as a PB!!