Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Considering logging food

Based on convo from a different thread on here... I'm considering logging my food for a while. Florian P brought up a good point that tracking food isn't always supposed to be a sustainable, permanent thing like I always thought it was. It can be a tool to be realistic about the food I'm eating and hopfully lead to more intuitive eating like K&D preach!

And since I have no other way to be accountable and a lot of time at home for the foreseeable future, I am thinking I need to take a hard look at what I'm actually eating.

Hopefully this will help me see some more results as well. I looked up a video K&D did about calculating BMR and looked at my fitness tracker to see my average calories burned since I started working out again. I know neither are perfectly accurate, but the fitness watch says over the past 2 months I averaged a calorie burn of 1900 and 2000 calories. So based on that I'm thinking I'm going to shoot for 1500 calories ish? K&D say to lose weight aim for 500 cal deficit between exercise and food calories.

As always, I'm going to see how my body reacts to this... if it isn't good I'll adjust!

Does it seem like I'm thinking accurately about the calories and stuff? I don't have a lot of experience with tracking!

Edited