Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Respecting my own pace today

This is how my Monday morning started. My favorite way to start any day really, with my favorite person and fur family ❤️

Last week my progression through low impact round 2 was slowed by my filming schedule. Like I said before; I was definitely staying active, so I’m fine with the slowed progress through the program. I’m halfway done though!

I was going to jump back in this morning, but my body is being very clear with me that I need to just rest and relax. I got sick 🤦‍♀️ I almost never get sick. I know that you guys have heard me talk about some chronic pain issues - which, I’m doing really well with btw - thanks to physical therapy, meditation and essentially nervous system retraining/down training (one aspect of that being similar to the breathing workout I shared last week)..But my immune system is usually as strong as an ox! Growing up I really didn’t have such a strong immune system, so I think it’s largely down to eating well & exercising moderately (vs overtraining).

I started to go out for a walk with my boys, but even that felt like a lot today. So, I’m staying inside, bundled up warm and enjoying some downtime. Some days, it’s the smarter option. It’s important that when “listening to your body”, you’re honestly open to whatever message it might be sending. Even if your brain wants to be going 90mph or you feel like you *should* be doing more. 🚫No guilt allowed!

On the flipside of that coin, when you feel good, take advantage of it and really lean into your workouts. Use those days where you’re feeling strong as an opportunity to push yourself just a little bit outside of your comfort zone. A little bit each time..and someday you’ll be amazed by the distance you’ve covered and obstacles you’ve overcome.

Really, I guess I just wanted to say hello to you all 🙂 I hope that you have a great Monday, and if you do workout, push just a little extra harder for me!

Edited