Consistency is Key

Reminding myself of this lately. Most of you know that I have Sjogrens Syndrome which impacts my body's ability to provide lubrication for my joints. I modify all workouts to remove all jumps and I try not to push myself too hard.

But the past two weeks I've had more joint pain than I've had in a long time. Days that everything hurts and I'm trapped on the couch because even lifting my arm is exhausting.

So as much as I'd love to have one of those pretty monthly workout complete calendars with check marks all neatly lined up in a row, I don't think that is what is best for my body. This week I worked out 4 days in a row, last week was 3 days in a row. I am thinking that I might need to do 2 days in a row, have a rest day, and then try for 2 more days. I believe it will take a little trial and error to figure out what works for my body, but I'm ready to do it. Being in pain impacts more than my workout schedule. It's hard to play with my son when everything hurts. It's hard to focus on school work too. Plus, I hate having to take more medicine than I already am.

So, I guess I'm throwing this image out there to remind myself and anyone else who needed to hear this today. We don't have to be crazy towards our workouts; just stay consistent - however that looks for you and try not to compare yourself to anyone else!

It's so hard to do, but everyone has their own story, challenges, and fitness levels. Focus on what YOUR body needs and what is sustainable for YOU!

Happy weekend Blenders!