An Exciting Non-Scale Victory!

Hey friends!

Just thought I'd pop in with a quick little message of encouragement for you! Just this past week I had another example of why I am SO thankful for making health and fitness a priority in my life.

This week, I began something I've wanted to do for a long time - take tap dance lessons!! I'm in a very small, beginners class (and I think I'm the youngest there by around 15 years or so, but that ain't gonna stop me, haha) and it's totally for the sake of enjoying it on my part, and bettering my skills (especially as I'd like to get into musical theatre). ANYHOW.

During our first lesson (which was an hour long), we did multiple, repetitive exercises (you could compare it to pilates, in a way) and it really worked my lower leg muscles (especially my ankle, calf and shin area). I felt very confident and excited because the dance was far less difficult than I expected, which I think is due to the fact that (1, I have strong legs thanks to years of strength training, so I was able to do all the exercises with good form and endurance, and (2, thanks to FB workouts I have kept up with doing slightly mind-boggling, coordinating exercises.

Even though I was significantly younger, I was very proud of myself for finishing the lesson just having broken a sweat (to be fair, it had been 42 degrees Celsius that day and the studio only had fans!), and not being tired. I'm pretty sure I was the only person learning who left the class in that condition aside from the teacher herself, all thanks to the progress I have made with Fitness Blender (and maybe also my enthusiasm for dance ;))!

...that said, I DID put every amount of effort into my lesson, and the following two days my legs were very sore. ;)

So just wanted to encourage someone out there, that even if you aren't seeing much physical progress, remember that there are SO many more benefits to health and fitness rather than just weight and physical appearance!! It can literally help you do the things you LOVE doing so much better, and will help you improve your life in every aspect overall.

That's me done. ;)

Edited