Monday walk

Another 'short' walk today because my shoes are still new and I had to go to the doctor this afternoon. I walked around in my town. Took it easy, played quite a bit of pokemon on the way.

On the start of my walk I took the 'laarzenpad', a trail that you should walk wearing boots (or other waterproof footwear). There has been some drought, so the stepstones that are supposed to be in water are now in dry leaves..

I went past the observatory. My son and I went there once and saw Jupiter and some of it's moons through the telescope.

The tree at the skatepark is funny. People toss their old shoes in there. When my son was young we used to ride the bike past it and he would say "schoenenboom!" (Shoetree)

I took a picture of the path/bridge to show you something quite common here: a seperate foot- and bikepath through the park. Sometimes the path is for both bikes and pedestrians, sometimes we get seperate paths.

The 'pond' is actually very shallow. It's a field in summer and once it gets colder in winter, they flood it so it can freeze over and becomes a ice rink. Unfortunatly we had some cold early december, and then nothing..

I love all the parks I can walk in. 15k through my town, and most of it in some sort of park.