Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Periods and Endurance

Hi FB Fam! How’s your day been?

So basically, I am fast approaching my period date, and I have noticed that when we I workout nowadays, I feel that I get tired a lot easier and I don’t have as much endurance. Furthermore, it seems to me that I have gained roughly 2 pounds as I quickly approached ‘that time of the month’ my swimming has also suffered the past couple of days as I feel that I am slower and get tired quicker. I honestly feel bloated and kind of annoyed at myself for slowing down in not only my workouts but my swimming as well. I started to wonder if this was just because of my period fast approaching and my hormones being at a constant rage therefore causing me to lose my speed and stamina. This could also be a sign of slight overtraining because I had overstrained last week but taken 4 days of to ‘heal’ my self I guess. This may have happened in the past but it is especially annoying now because I have a swim meet in literally two days and want to get to the bottom of this so that I could fix whatever had happened and make sure I am able to perform my absolute best at the swim meet.

So if anybody has any advice, or suggestions, or even comments about this, I would seriously appreciate it!