L

it's okay to take a break!

I just finally started to tackle the last two weeks of a program that I started sometime in November, I guess. I was going pretty strong until Christmas and then went to spend the festive season with my family. I intentionally took a break over the holidays, but additionally I caught a pretty bad cold so I really tried to get some rest. About two weeks ago I was finally feeling myself again, but wanted to take things slow, so I scheduled some individual low impact workouts (which left me with some pretty sore muscles!). The whole of last week I was feeling like absolute crap. I have no idea where that came from but basically all I wanted to do was sleep. That is very unlike me so I listened to my body and tried to get as much rest as I could. And what can I say, today I woke up feeling energetic and ready to tackle some hiit and strength training! Best feeling in the world.

All I wanna say with this is: it is okay to take a break! Just like K&D always preach, listen to your body! I'm always amazed at people who write here that they were feeling a little sick so they only did a light workout. Those posts usually made me feel like you need to keep working out and even if you're not feeling strong you can at least always do a little. But today I realized that every body (literally) is different. For some, it helps to workout, for others, it helps to take a break. Just find out, what is good for you and don't assume that what is good for others needs to work for you as well!