Daily check in, January 26th: Super Sunday!

Hello beautiful blenders!

Hear hear as I finish my temporary reign as ghoster and relinquish my throne to our humble and great ruler, JustRaven....

Since I had trouble sharing a nice image with you all, I decided to share a few! 🤣 For anyone interested in coffee and horses, please continue forth...

To the left! My trip to Costa Rica was absolutely wonderful. A cool part was visiting a bioorganic, sustainable coffee farm. What you see here are coffee beans - yup. This is how they look when they are picked! You want the red ones in your basket. And the workers, if I recall correctly, get paid dependent on how much is in their baskets. There are two main coffee beans - Arabica and Robusta. Apparently Arabic in general is considered the better kind though quality varies within each species. Robusta, however, is easier to grow. So at least in Costa Rica, they export their Arabica (aka more $$$) and sell their Robusta to their own markets! Once you pick these pretty little guys, then they have to undergo the arduous drying and roasting process, which can significantly alter the final taste.

Next! Horses - my lifelong obsession! I've always loved these guys. I have always wanted to practice riding regularly and might soon enough. Anyone here a rider? I would love to see your horse partners!

Did you know they sleep standing up? And that a horse/pony/miniature horse title depends on how many hands high they are, which is literally measured with human hands! Beautiful creatures, and sometimes a bit too playful (as I recall one that tried to nip my butt!).

Finally...

I am sharing the recipe I used for my crescent rolls/croissant - BEST ONES I'VE MADE. So flaky, so soft, so flavorful that pairs well with my homemade applesauce.

I did replace half the spreader butter with 4 tbspa whole milk Greek yogurt and used half whole wheat, half bread flour, and I opted for the overnight rise in the fridge.

Totally epic result!

https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/easier-homemade-extra-flaky-homemade-crescent-rolls/#bo-recipe

My pizza is currently rising, but the dough is looking great!

Phew. For those who pushed through, awesome! For those who skimmed to get here, I totally understand! 🤣

Speaking of pushing through, how is your fitness calendar looking? It is Sunday, but that doesn't really mean anything, does it? Are you working up a sweat? Taking a lovely hike? Trying a new activity? For me, I completed my total body yoga this morning. Felt good 😁 The new FBLowImpact has been released, too! Like YAAAAAAAAY!!! For anyone starting that, I can't wait to hear your feedback!

And I hope my food pic is making you think about your food for today! Is anyone else taking charge in the kitchen? Or is it a takeout kind of day?

Blenders, it has been a pleasure ghosting, and I hope I can do it again in the near future. I am always happy to consider myself a part of this family 😁