Program Complete! + simple berry spread "recipe"

I did it! I completed the FB Blend Program!! This was a little harder on my motivation to get through but I'm proud to say I did done it. ;)

Right now, my weight is actually a bit elevated because I ended up binge-ing on desserts yesterday, haha. (never again- I have such a headache from all the sugar!) So I can't say there's a weight change from when I started the program. But there is definitely some strength change. I can lift heavier for sure- which is starting to be an issue because I only have a limited number of weights at home lol. And I have a higher stamina and movement speed. High knees are becoming more doable, faster, and higher. (thank goodness)

Recipe time!

So I made panna cotta this week, and for it, made blueberry and raspberry reductions/sauces. I had some left over and realized how easy this sauce can be made into a spread or jam.

All you have to do is put berries in a saucepan over medium heat and let it simmer. I used a rubber spatula to press down on the berries to help them burst and spread juices. Keep scraping the bottom to it doesn't scorch. Once it's been boiling for a few minutes, just take it out of the stove and strain it through a mesh sieve. Use the spatula to press and rub as much of the sauce you can through the sieve. If you press through enough, you'll barely have much left in the sieve but seeds and some skin. Make sure to scrape the excess at the bottom of the sieve! Most berries have natural pectin, which makes the mixture thicken. if you want a thicker spread, leave it in the heat for longer. Make sure to keep stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan so it doesn't scorch.

The recipe I followed called for a little lemon juice and sugar added to the berries in the sauce pan, but for blueberries, I really don't think you need the sugar at all. They're so naturally sweet, it's perfect by itself, with maybe a splash of lemon juice. Raspberry on the other hand, was extremely tart even with the sugar. If you like sour and tart stuff, raspberry can still be great without sugar. I haven't tried a mixed berry combination, but I'm sure that would be divine with the sweetness and slight bitterness of blackberries added in. Frozen fruits are also okay!

Now you can add this simple natural berry sauce on yogurt or toast or whichever to your liking!

I'm not sure how long exactly it'll last, but I'm pretty sure it'll last safely for at least a week, if not more.

Cheers!