Daily FB check in, January 25th

YO GUYS, WHAT'S GOING ON??!! Sorry for the all caps, but I am really excited to be ghosting this weekend! These check-ins have become so integral to the community chat that it's, like, an honor....and the pressure is real!

To start off, I had so many photos I wanted to share, but I think I'll start off with this one to show just how beautiful nature is. This is called Algar de Benagril, or Benagril Grotto. It is in the southern part of Portugal. This photo is just one part of it, but I found it fascinating because it is a beach underneath a natural cavernous opening, and these grottos are isolated on the ocean, so you can only get to these parts by water! One of these grotto openings is actually shaped like a heart! I am just awed by the perfect AND imperfect elements of nature, and regardless, they are just beautiful and inspiring. Just one reason why I love hiking through nature- you might feel small, but you also feel like a part of something big.

Speaking of walking, what does your activity for today entail? It's Saturday, so does that mean automatic rest day for you, or an action-packed workout session? I am about 2 weeks into my intense fitness hiatus, but I've been keeping up with some pilates and a Fightmaster yoga challenge on YouTube. While I may be losing some cardio endurance, I feel like I am still building strength, cause let's face it, yoga is no joke, right? And personally, this break is, yes sometimes difficult because I think I see the changes in the mirror, but it is mentally nice just not worrying about my workouts and enjoying other things in life. Many times here in the forum, I notice people struggling with taking a break due to medical reasons especially, and I really want to reiterate that so long as you do not lose your passion and motivation for being active, you will not be doing a disservice for pausing. Your body is your friend, and if you are nice to it, it will be nice to you! I am actuslly pretty excited because I am mentally prepared to be less physically fit when I come back, so I am getting excited to maybe try the new FBLowImpact program once I jump in! Anyone else thinking about that? FBbeta is also done, and I already miss the fast forward buttons! Anyone else missing the epicness of Plus? But I'll wait until I'm back with my workouts to subscribe.

But we don't need FBPlus to fast forward to the next topic today: FOOOOOOOOD. ❤❤❤

You can already tell what I think of food, huh? So please share your yummy recipes for today! (Beware though, because I do respond to heavenly food posts with one too many emojis 🤣). JustRaven had a great idea, so I am gonna prep a pizza for tomorrow - I'll start by making a sponge that'll ferment overnight so that the dough has a really rich flavor. And of course, why not add on and make crescent rolls? Already got my dough rising (hopefully) so let's see how they turn out for breakfast! Maybe tomorrow I'll have good news about my rolls during check in!

Well guys, it is Saturday, but school work does not take a break. And I'm sure many of you work today as well, so here is to a wonderful day, regardless of where you are or what you are doing!

Edited