Week 2/8 Check in

This week I did week 1 of Strong (alternating weeks between Abs R1 and Strong). Day 4 got me good with all of the lunges and squats. I had to be careful walking down the stairs right after that!

I've been more mindful of how I'm fueling my body and how my body feels. I went out to lunch on Monday and got a burger and tater tots, and then spent the rest of the day feeling bloated and generally blah.

Initially I had signed up for a 5K in March when I'll finish the 8 weeks of the two programs, but then I decided to challenge myself and do a 5K every month. So far I've signed up for one through May and did one on my own for January. My son and I have started doing run/walk intervals twice a week which has been fun to do together.

My dog is pictured watching Daniel lead me through one of the workouts this week (which you can see in the reflection of the mirror behind her).

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend, whether you're resting, having fun, getting a #workoutcomplete, or some combination of the three!