Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, January 24th

Happy Friday all! Who is feeling pumped and ready to go? HIIT the ground running and leave the day in a dust? Watch out world; Hurricane You is coming throughhhh!

...Too much?

Let's just go with a simple picture to open things up. A more of a downshift and a prime example of slowing things down brought to you by my furry trainer who fully endorses the idea that a great day is a good ear to the dirt. I think he's just mimicking me. The resting part, because I don't make a habit of putting my ear to the dirt. Let's just say, my FT is determined to listen to the earth's heartbeat.

But how will your heartbeat fair today? Getting it going with some tough workouts? Or keeping that beat even with something soft and gentle for the joints? Pick and choose, but most importantly enjoy the heck out of it! ..I'm feeling better everyday and really happy about that, so much so I feel like I want to jump, run, and punch, but my mind is getting ahead of me, so I think Monday is when I will try some type of real workout again.

Now let's turn the talk over to food. Dish us out what you are having, so our mouths can collectively water and we can all get nice and hungry.. It's Friday, my appetite is up, and I'm craving pizza. It all makes sense to bake one up and eat it! All the yum on my gum to the tum and out the bum to that.

Look, my brain might be a bit loopy post sickness, so this is how my bread rolls.

But let's just roll right over to today's #FitnessFriday. It's coming after food, because it is about food. Heather mentioned sweet potatoes yesterday and that she simply does not like them no matter how they are prepared. So, naturally this makes me wonder: What are some healthy foods out there that you can simply not get behind for whatever reason? And if there has been a healthy food you didn't like, did you find a way to prepare it to make it better? Or do you just eat it knowing it's good for you? ..I know it might be weird, but for me, it's cucumber, watermelon and cantaloupes/melons. For some reason, I just don't like the sweet watery texture and taste. I want to like them, but I haven't found a way where I'm sold. I do like pickles tho.. Anyway thanks again, Heather, for giving me another idea to riff off on for Fitness Friday. Bon appétit!

Okay, well, this is all I got for you, FB Fam. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend; At the very least you will have our dear Blender, Korse, as your weekend guide. So that's something to look forward to!

..Now hopefully this message read in your time has you feeling pretty good. If not, maybe we can find something to smile about today, even if it's brief. It takes muscles to smile, so we shouldn't neglect them, just saying.