Weight Loss Journey

Hello FB

I have never posted anything like this before but I wanted to share a bit of my weight loss journey with you and maybe be some inspiration to someone else out there. This may be a long post so please bear with me.

A little about myself: I am 23, 5 ft 6 in tall and live in Australia with my parents. I have a bachelor's degree in accounting and have a furry trainer (well, he is on and off) called Buddy (he is a cat).

Anyways, I have always struggled with my weight but have never really committed to losing any serious weight until about 2 years ago when I discovered FB. In school, I used to hate sports day and even got out of doing a 5.5km jog just because I was so unfit and didn't want to exercise. I always got out of breath very easily and always wanted to lose the weight but never really knew how. My mum and I would go for walks but anything I tried never seemed to work. I don't think I had my eating habits right either, but I didn't think of that at the time.

Then in 2017, I was a counsellor on a girl's camp and there was a lot of physical activity (running, volleyball, other sports, etc). I was weighed down by my weight, I was out of breath and I hated it...I hated the way I looked (incidentally, the before photo is of me on the camp I just mentioned). So when I came back from this camp, I decided that I needed to seriously lose some weight, not just for my body image, but for my overall health. So I searched the internet, Youtube, and found 1 or 2 FB workout videos. I didn't know how to exercise properly when I first started so I was working every part of my body everyday. Then I looked at the FB website, read their blogs and the community page and taught myself how to workout properly and how to eat properly. I eventually bought the FB Fit program and started off on that. I think I started to hard to fast in the beginning, but I was ok in the end.

At first, the weight was dropping very slowly and I wasn't noticing any change until about 6 months into my regular exercise and eating healthy. Then, as time went on, people started asking me if I had lost weight and even to this day, people still ask me.

I have never felt better and more energised in my entire life. I have lost over 20kgs (44 lb) and have dropped 3 dress sizes. I was 83kg and am now about 60kg. I still have a lot of toning to do and I still consider myself larger in my lower half but we don't all have the same body shapes and I am happy that I look the way I do. Exercise is a great way to increase mood and boost energy levels and my only regret is not finding FB sooner...I also wished I had of started exercising and being more fit when I was younger but better late than never!

I just can't thank FB enough for the content they provide in helping people live healthy lifestyles. I even have my mum exercising with me every day now (well, 5 days a week). It is so much easier to shop for clothes and I love the way I feel and look. I have also fallen in love with strength training and have my own set of Powerblock dumbbells, which was the best thing I have bought in my life. I feel I could do anything...I feel strong!!

Thank you again and I hope you all have a great day!!

Dana