Daily Check-in: Monday, January 20th

Well hello there! How did everyone fair over the weekend? I see poems and rhymes were all the rage from Lynna's check-in(s). You guys are quite the creative lot. Oh and it also seems that two weekend check-ins are making a come back! Hey, if the ghost doesn't mind, go on and make/keep it two! The important thing is having fun and hanging out with and motivating/supporting each other. Plus it all makes for great, creative reading and a chance for our ghosts to have more of a voice.

Ok, so what is everyone up to today? For the American Blenders, Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! Maybe you get a day off today? If so, lucky you! If not, well, sorry, got nothing for you except this giant foggy and glowy sun ball, which very much reminded me of Kristina's much better captured giant glowy sun ball picture she shared a few days ago. ..It was a foggy drive the other day and I took this picture through a windshield; Thus the reason for the blue tint at the top and poor picture quality. That is life🙈 ..And no, I was definitely not driving.

But this is what we are working with on a fine Monday(insert whatever time of day it is when you read this)

What we are also working with is the day's sweat and or resting agenda. Do the thing that will leave you breathless! Or chilled! Find the movement that will put a smile on the face (when done?) and take big belly breaths and inhale all of life. Unless its smokey outside or the life around you is smelly. Always have to modify.

Speaking of modifying, looks like I will be in the rest zone a bit longer. Honestly, I didn't have the best weekend. I am feeling better right now and will take that, but this sickness is hanging on like the most tenacious of static holds. Now I'm hoping that I continue towards feeling better, but it's so slow. Painfully slow. This sickness has zapped my energy and has really done a number on my knees. It's made it pretty difficult to do much, and working out is most definitely out of the question. It's been quite frustrating actually, but I'm doing my best to stay positive and practicing patience with myself. So yeah, a different kind of challenge.

Okay, no matter what is going on, we have to do this eating thing. I'm making it a point to keep my nutrition and hydration up and that greatly helps. It's so easy not to eat when you're feeling bad, but your body needs that nutrition the most when you're down. I think we are going to have BBQ pork chops, sweet potatoes and some spinach for dinner. But what are you guys chowing on? Whatever the nibbles, have it tasty and leave you feeling fueled and good!

Okay, think its time to send you guys off into my lame attempt at a sunrise. Thanks for reading! Sorry that I don't have any shiny sun puns for you, but maybe a dash of motivation can be found: Every day the sun rises and shines bright. So, rise and shine. The sun doesn't have a choice, but you do.