F

I did a HIIT workout - voluntarily!

I haaaaaaaaate cardio. Really hate it. I have asthma, which makes it worse, but I also just loathe getting all gross and sweaty and huffing and puffing about. I usually figure I get enough cardio between walking in my daily life and karate class a few times a week (especially as my sensei loves to add 5-10 minutes of conditioning on at the end of classes, often including HIIT). Suffice it to say, I've never done a HIIT video.

Today I had a lower body strength training workout planned, but I wasn't feeling enthused by the exercises in it, so on a whim I decided to give the new FB Plus workout a go. It's 12 minutes of HIIT followed by strength training and, well, I didn't love it, but I managed to get through it (even if I did have to modify a lot near the end!). And I definitely preferred doing the HIIT before lifting because I can never convince myself to do it after.

The only downside was that I was so knackered after that I felt like I couldn't lift as much as usual (not tremendously, but noticeably). Still, I'm not ruling out doing more short HIIT workouts in future.

Edited