12 weeks pregnant - how quickly things can get better!

Hi everyone!

You might remember me moaning and groaning about weeks 5-9 of my pregnancy, which is my first. Recap: it was horrible. Debilitating nausea. Ate only white carbs and cereal. Super super tough.

Today marks an amazing thing - 3 x exercise sessions each week for 3 weeks. Big big deal.

In the first 4 weeks of December I just about managed to do a couple of 10min stretching sessions each week, and I'm not even sure I managed to finish them.

Out comes the final week of December and suddenly I found these moments where I'd feel less sick - so I quickly got in my gear and found a suitable video - usually something low impact or a short pre-natal BodyFit by Amy session. Also found myself able to reintroduce a little yogurt, fruit and some veggies into my diet.

Then the last 2 weeks I've managed low impact cardio and strength training again!! Today I felt better and I even did JUMPING JACKS!!

I'm increasing what I can do - slowly - no burpees yet....and also choosing what to do based on my energy levels. Trying to engage my core all the time.

I'm thinking I might be able to start FB Strong for the second time soon and just modify where needs be, because today's tough upper body sets gave me the strength training bug!

Had the scan yesterday (definitely at 12 weeks) and the bubba is floating around happily inside. I want to stay fit and strong, not just for myself but for the baby and my husband. He's really noticed a change in me the last 3 weeks (which isn't hard as before I was plastered to a sofa or a bed with my head in my hands).

My best friend, who is two months ahead in pregnancy (and not as active as me usually) said to me "so what's your plan for movement and some exercise? Swimming?" And that was the moment when I realised I'm doing well as I said: "Oh, actually I've been lifting weights again the last 2 weeks!".

There's a pregnancy Pilates class on Wednesdays that I might start going to soon, or might wait until I'm at 20 weeks and have to seriously start modifying.

Anyway, I'm super happy right now :) proud of myself. I included a photo of my body at 12 weeks as I want to see how it changes! I usually bloat up to double this size by the end of the day, but there's definitely some lower belly bump expansion happening!

Thanks for reading!

P.s. next week I'm in Dublin for work and how excited am I that I found a hotel WITH A GYM! Feeling more like myself again ☺️