C

Nonscale Victories

I have finally stuck with living a healthier lifestyle for an entire year on January 1st. I have tried to lose weight for many years and always thought the scale = your success. Over the year I have seen my weight on the scale drop, but I have started to fully understand and appreciate the beauty of nonscale victories. This past week, I had a few that I wanted to share.

1. Plank Up Downs - I used to always fall and then have to modify to be on my knees. This week, I decided to go for it. I was able to complete an entire timed interval as well as part of the other two intervals!!

2. I haven't done a total body strength in awhile as I had been training lower/upper on different days. This morning I did and noticed I was able to lift heavier as usually my upper body strength requires me to lift lighter.

3. Yesterday, it got in the 50s and I really wanted to get outside since that high of a temp probably won't come back for awhile. I decided to just go for a quick 1 mile walk. Once I started walking, I decided to just try to do a little interval running/walking (I am not a runner). I was able to run a little more than I than I thought I could.

These are just a few things that have made me feel pretty dang good this week!

So, what are some of your nonscale victories? I would love to hear! :)