The word “inspiration” helped me do it....

I am not posting this to brag, but I am pretty chuffed (read: proud) of myself...

Why: well, nature conservation task, yes, pulling, lopping and sawing pine saplings and trees again. Nothing new there. But there were also some birches that needed tackling. If they grow too close together, they get in each other’s way. So some just had to go.

What you see in the pic is me holding one of the birches I cut down! Birch is actually harder to saw through than pine, but I decided I would have a go. The men, by now, have learned NOT to offer me any help.... Me talking to myself: “yeah, ok, Lea, you decided to go for this one, don’t chicken out now!” And then the word “inspiration” came up in my head. I am always happy to read the words “you’re an inspiration” in reaction to some of my my posts..... well, I thought: “if you want to be this inspiration to the FB Community, you’d better do this one! Don’t you DARE ask for help from the men!” That thought certainly kept me going! And I managed!

So thank you to all the Blenders who put the word “inspiration” in my head!!!

The funniest thing happened when two kids aged about 10 and 11 walked past (they had helped in the morning, but had got bored and had started chasing each other). When they saw me lugging that same birch down the path, the inevitable (yes, I love it, when it happens!) “did you cut that down all by yourself?” accompanied by looks of incredulity and admiration...🤭☺️😜

Sorry, I guess this did turn into a bit of a bragging post! I just love being so strong!!!! Look at that tree in my hand! I did that! YAY!

#ilovebeingstrong

#thanksKandD

Edited