January ...

January is a difficult time for me physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Let me start out by saying that I have not made a single New Year’s resolution. Not a one! Instead, I have slowly began to change my lifestyle.

Physically, I have upped my vegetable intake, (mostly) replaced the daily hot cocoas with tea, and am drinking a fair amount of water.

I am also moving more than usual (though yes, I am still fairly sedentary). I plan on implementing an exercise regime once I have established a 2-week history of healthier eating. Right now, I am focused on moving a little more each day!

Mentally and emotionally, I am just drained. January 23rd will mark 2 years since mom’s passing 🌷 Though I am thankful she is with Jesus, and no longer in pain, I would love to give her a hug and talk to her face-to-face πŸ’•

Just tonight, while dad and I were dining with a group of friends, I went to call mom to let her know we were having fun. It then dawned on me, yet again, that I couldn’t do that anymore πŸ˜”

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

There is not just one reason for a lifestyle change.

Physically, I need to be a healthier version of me. My lungs have been scarred since birth, with my having bronchopulmonary dysplasia. That will never change, (at least without a lung transplant), but eating better, exercising, and losing weight will make it easier on my body.

I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), some form of irritable bowel, and am pre-diabetic, with comorbidities for heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.

Some of this relates to my genetic makeup, some of this relates to my medical history (multiple courses of high-dose steroids, along with daily steroids), and some of this relates to my food choices. I want to do everything in my power to (safely) head off these risks.

Mentally and emotionally, I just always feel better when I eat wholesome, delicious food, and when I exercise. My hormones tend to stabilize, my depression and anxiety are at a minimum, and I smile.

I don’t want to be the next statistic! I need to be a healthier version of me ... physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I know it will be difficult. I know I will have off days. And I know that there will be days when I just say β€œthe heck with this.” But then I will remember where I was at this moment, ready to live life, and I will persevere.

#ANewMe

#ILoveYouMom

Edited