“Nothingness” feels so good after a day like today...

After a somehow pretty bad night’s sleep I could hardly get up this morning and even contemplated cancelling the nature conservation work... Got myself organised though and on the bike to ‘our’ island (Brownsea Island in the UK). The ride was very cold and seemed to take longer than normal. On the short boatride I talked to someone about the cold water swimming and funnily enough I felt much better, or should I say warmer, after that.

Well: the ranger had two tasks for us. One was raking leaves from paths and the churchyard, a task I did last year and absolutely loathed 🤭! So when he said the other task was emptying an overgrown ditch and gully to get the rain water flowing, I immediately went to that group.... well, it was fun but mighty hard work. Digging into mud and trying to remove the mud from the gully, as well as raking leaves and mud away from the sides of the stream, none of it too nicely smelling! My gloves got soaked as I tried to reach into a pipe to remove mud and roots and when I stepped too far back I nearly lost my welly boot as it got sucked down deeper. Pic shows me carrying a load of mud + leaves + twigs away from the ditch to the other side of the path. Every time I bent down to rake up another load of heavy mud and leaves I heard: “keep your back straight!”

The bike ride home was not the usual pleasure: as my gloves were soaked, my hands got mighty cold and as I was so tired the ride seemed to take ages! Pushing the bike up a long winding slope felt well-nigh impossible (sorry, I am in an exaggeration mood...), but the thought of a hot bath at home kept me going🤣

Bath and food are now finished and all I am going to have is NOTHINGNESS!!! I love nothingness: just sit and relax with no need to do anything in particular, just contemplate life, the universe and everything.... or rather nothing in particular! No FB for me today and I might even reschedule tomorrow... I reckon today’s activity will certainly make me feel sore tomorrow! What a super day...

#lovebeingactiveoutdoors

#lovenothingness

Edited